THE TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS OF HAVING AN UNCOMMON NAME
- •Being subjected to terrible Starbucks graffiti
- •That awkward pause from telemarketers, tinder dates, and recruiters before saying your name
- •Deciding how much you want to see them suffer before you say your name first
- •Getting sick enjoyment from personalized tchotchkes. Yes, I do need this crazy straw that spells out my name. No, you can not use it.
- •Never remembering other people's names and the guilt that springs forth when they remember yours
- •Using a spy name when making reservations
- •Update: the fact that I struggle use the apostrophe when I register anything anywhere. "Please, check Sullivan too."