Already on li.st? Open in app.
fam is #1
you don't have to be out to be proud
- •national coming out day is real cool for people who are out to celebrate how great being them isi'm all for it. building awareness is important work
- •but a lot of us queers aren't out all the wayone foot in the closet&&closet forever
- •for some of us, it's not safe
short answer: his Twitter is better than trumps. Kanye is a celebrity narcissist we can believe in
- •his Twitter is very positive
- •he speaks his mind/doesn't care about being politically correct
- •he is an idealist
- •artificial intelligencebasically, AI is a program that can input it's own commands. without us telling it what to do, the most natural thing for a program to do is make itself more efficient and powerful. and to eliminate redundancies [U AND ME]
- •computer heavenif you could somehow digitize and download all of your memories and thought patterns - essentially make an AI identical to living you - you would arguably make a legit version of yourself. a computer version that could live past bodily limits. this would raise all kinds of questions about data storage and whose mind is worth the money it would take to preserve it. also would these dead people AIs be able to vote? what do computer program rights look like?
- •selective evolutionpeople who get robot enhancements. so now we wear glasses - what if next we just get robot eyes! that see further and sharper! maybe X ray vision! I'm less afraid of this one because I'm gonna need new eardrums in the next 50 years. preferably with a built in iPod.
- •this isn't about guns. certainly, the relatively unrestricted access to guns in Florida didn't help. less people would be dead if he didn't have a firearm, particularly an assault weapon. significant gun reform, especially with regard to the types of guns available to citizens, is necessary. like, yesterday.
- •but people would have still died. at the end of a knife maybe, or a rifle or a hammer or a chainsaw or any other weapon we can think of. while the adage that "guns don't kill people, people do" is misleading and dumb, there is a grain of truth there. bullets killed the LGBTQIA patrons at Pulse, but the hand that pulled the trigger was a terrorist'sa domestic terrorist's.
- •this was homegrown terrorism, not an act of ISIS. the shooter was American, born and raised. there is no evidence he communicated with ISIS. he wasn't religious, according to his ex wife and parents. but both say he had expressed homophobic hyper masculinity repeatedly in the past.So why did he invoke ISIS? my bet is he did it because there is no organization so hated, no banner more feared in the United States than ISIS. he's a terrorist and the dictionary definition is one who spreads fear. and it worked. he's sown fear into all Americans, not just the LGBTQIA community. he's shifted the focus from trans/homophobic violence to nationalistic violence. but let's be clear- this mass killing was about gay and trans people.
if you're shopping for colleges, apply to a women's school! count yourself among this number
- •Marian Wright Edelman (Spelman)first black woman admitted the Mississippi Bar and founded the Children's Defense Fund. she also organized for MLKs Poor People's Movement
- •Suzan Lori Parks (Mount Holyoke)playwright who won the Pulitzer Prize in 2002 for drama. the first black lady to do it!
- •Hellen Keller (Radcliffe)sadly radcliffe was eaten by Harvard some time ago. my love to the legacy
that u won't see in the blogs
- •apocalypse readinesseveryone who menstruates needs one for the end of the world. one lightweight cup can catch ur blood for decades! it also won't poison you if you are too busy surviving to take it out (fuck you, tampons!)
- •getting to know your vaginavaginas are beautiful, mysterious and widely feared. especially by straight ppl. I know so may straight girls who have never explored their own vaginas! with a diva cup, the uneasy will shed their ignorance. they'll be sticking fingers and foreign objects in their vaginas like lesbians in no time. pro tip: cut your fingernails
- •period sciencewe've distanced ourselves from the reality of periods by soaking up the evidence in bleached cotton. how much do u bleed in a day? does the consistency change? does the color change? how do these relate to moon cycles? find out! do the science of your own fertility cycle!
there have been a lot lists circulating on this app attacking #bernieorbust politics. I agree with a lot of what they are saying. but even if you don't support it, there are reasons to take the movement seriously
- •antiestablishmentarianismHillary has been a democrat for a long time. Bernie hasn't - he ran as an independent from 1979 to 2015. Hillary represents more or the same and Bernie represents a move toward dramatic change. if you're voting for Bernie because you hate the establishment, it makes sense that you can't stomach Hillary. electing her would only cement the status quo.
- •Bernie is more connected to votershis grassroots campaigning is undeniably amazing. Hillary has Wall Street money. who do you think they'll work for, in the White House? this isn't a dig at Hillary specifically, but establishment politics generally. which she represents.
- •polls show that Bernie had a better chance of beating trump than Hillarypolls are notoriously biased. no one really knows who is a better opponent to trump. but it kind of makes sense. some Bernie supporters may be too extreme to back Hillary. but I doubt that Hillary enthusiasts would write in Hillary in a trump/Bernie election.