Sad Tail, Happy Tail
A tale of tails.
- •On January 19, 2015 our dog Sammy died. He was my little buddy and it was so hard to lose him. He was also our 3 year old's favorite of our dogs so it was really difficult to walk through with her.
- •By fall and winter we were starting to feel ready for a puppy after losing Sam. We briefly considered another child, and then laughed and laughed and laughed. #nomorebebes
- •On Friday, March 11, 2016 our sweet old dog Brewster stopped eating and was sick for a day and a half.
- •The next Monday night he went upstairs with us when we put the kids to bed and he stretched out next to Ava and snuggled her to sleep. We knew then that he was saying goodbye.
- •On Tuesday we took him to the vet because he was still not eating and found that he had a giant tumor in his belly. 😰 He went downhill very fast that night and we slept on the couches with him because he couldn't make it upstairs.
- •On Wednesday we said goodbye to Brewster and I took him for one last car ride to the vet. He was so ready to go... Just a tired shadow of himself at the end.
- •Our black lab, Toby, was really depressed Thursday with being alone so we decided to try and find a puppy quickly for his sake and our kids' sake.
- •We found some puppies for sale and were able to go meet them that night. The one they called MooMoo chose us...she kept trying to be by us all and finally just curled up on my lap and went to sleep. She is such a calm, well behaved puppy!
- •We've named her Mollie and she is such a precious little thing. Some people might think that it's too fast to get a puppy but this little girl is helping us all heal.
- •I'm so excited that our kids have a puppy to grow up with that will be around for a long time to come.