THINGS TO DO IN SEATTLE WITHOUT SPENDING A TON OF CASH
Aka my life as an un-foodie. There is certainly more to be included here but these were sitting in my brain today.
- •Find the old rose garden by the zooBonus points for spotting the Dolly Parton rose (hint: it's the biggest one). Better than the zoo.
- •Visit Zen Dog on a full moonA Victorian mansion with a hundred Chinese lanterns hanging in the yard; will offer you a handful of his favorite rare teas.
- •Ride a bike along the Burke Gilman trailCount the seals you see at the Ballard locks, count the weird Seattle sun-tans on the volleyball courts at Golden Gardens, find the Lenin statue, count the dwindling number of fixed-gear mustaches. Counting is fun!
- •Climb the water tower in Volunteer ParkWhat views! What heights! Extra points for bringing booze, cigarettes, and unrealized angst.
- •See Cheap Wine and Poetry at the Hugo HouseLiterary hub of Seattle. See also Cheap Beer and Prose, if you swing that way.
- •Take the Klondike Gold Rush tour in Pioneer SquareAll the drama of 1897 laid out before your very eyes!
- •Walk the marketsThere's a beautiful farmer's and/or craft market happening in a Seattle neighborhood any day of the week. The Puget Sound is a verdant basket of green things. My cup runneth over.
- •Throw small rocks at people in fedoras, recent transplant Amazon workers from Texas, etc.Some of my best friends are Texans.