THE REALIST ADELE LYRICS ON 25
After listening to this on a loop since it was released, I'm ready to dissect. Let's do this track by track shall we? In order of how they appear on the album.
- •Hello, it's me. I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet.HELLO. Best song opener. I mean, everyone gets it. It's universal. It's what Facebook was invented for (besides ranking women in order of hotness *side eyes Zuckerberg*)
- •Send my love to your new lover, Treat her better, We gotta let go of all of our ghosts, We both know we ain't kids no moreSEND MY LOVE. The theme of the album. Time to grow up, move on, we're old and dying and life's too short. Just one last fuck you. Into it.
- •Treat me soft but touch me cruelI MISS YOU. As close as Adele gets to a sex song. Again, into it.
- •My God, this reminds me, Of when we were young, Let me photograph you in this light, In case it is the last time, That we might be exactly like we were, Before we realized, We were sad of getting oldWHEN WE WERE YOUNG. As someone who had kids around the same time as Adele (I know, I know, we should just be besties already) I feeeeel this. That lightening speed ageing that takes centre stage once you've given life to someone else. (Also just that mid twenties feeling)
- •(I'm skipping Remedy. I haven't quite gotten into it. Add your own favourite lyrics in the comments though and yell at me for being wrong.)
- •Don't pretend that you don't want meWATER UNDER THE BRIDGE. He was one of *those* guys. Enough said.
- •Consider this my apology, I know it's years in advance, But I'd rather say it now in case I never get the chanceRIVER LEA. One of my favourite on the album. The whole song is beautiful and intricately woven, but this just jumps out at me.
- •You have given me something that I can't live without, You mustn't underestimate that when you are in doubtLOVE IN THE DARK. I mean, if you're going to leave someone, this is a pretty nice compliment to give them. (Even though they will inevitably tell you to go fuck yourself)
- •I miss the air, I miss my friends I miss my mother; I miss it whenMILION YEARS AGO is 💯 It is my favourite song on the album. Play, repeat, play, repeat (repeat). t pained me to single out any one part, but I went with this because I can pretend I can sing and BELT IT OUT. Also special mention to the way she sings inevitable- the Skyfall 'crumble' moment of 25.
- •Hold me like I'm more than just a friend, Give me a memory I can use, Take me by the hand while we do what lovers do. It matters how this ends 'Cause what if I never love again?ALL I ASK. She just wants that one perfect goodbye. What kind of heartless bastard wouldn't give her that?
- •I find it funny that you're the only One I never looked forSWEETEST DEVOTION. It's about her kid. The perfect love song to your offspring.