WAYS HOTELS ARE BETTER THAN AIRBNB
Hotels are NOT better in every way, just in these specific ways
- •Tiny bottles of lotionWhich I always take with me. At my stay this week in Scottsdale, the W gave me TWO tiny bottles of lotion (!) ... These will last me months in the real world
- •Coming home to a made bedBeing welcomed by a made bed is heaven, especially when the pros make your bed at a hotel and the sheets are tucked super tightly at the corners. I never do this at home, and sure as hell don't do it while on vacation at an Airbnb.
- •MinibarsNobody ever takes anything from these, including me, but I like to know it's there.
- •Heavy drapes that block out every speck of lightAnd OH ... the feeling when you pull those babies back.
- •Luggage Racksand/or strategically placed furniture with a long, flat, empty surface that is clearly intended to house your unzipped suitcase - form follows function. I'm sorry, Airbnb hosts, but I feel guilty laying my suitcase on your stuff.