FAVORITE ROLES I'VE PLAYED
I was gonna do a bit about playing Car Jumper, but then decided to do this earnestly instead. Here's five, in no particular order:
- •"CB's sister" in Dog Sees God @ the Zephyr TheatreMy character was desperate to find herself. In every scene I had a drastic wardrobe change; goth, gangster, preppy, grungy, evening gown, etc. I also had two fun monologues where I got to wear an all black body suit and act real loony. The cast became very close and we sold out almost every night.
- •"Nora" in Fishbowls Are Definitely My ThingIn every episode, they gave me something new to try. I got to lip sync. I got to recreate famous cinematic monologues but occasionally replace a word or two with "fishbowl(s)". I was able, in the finale, to get to a point emotionally I had never reached on-camera before, and that felt really good. Also, I won a "best supporting actress" channy, which was pretty sweet.
- •"Don't remember" on Sex Sent Me to the ER on TLCThis was so fucking dumb and I had a blast.
- •"Roxy" in The Sign SpinnerI had fantasized about playing a sign spinner for a few years, and Rachelle made that happen. Her and I learned a lot together, and became best buds. It was my first time ever playing "the main character", and I GOT TO PLAY STEVE HUEY AND KATE FREUND'S DAUGHTER.
- •"Karen" in On the Rocks (the short)Loved working with Alex & Ariel (and Chase and every other person involved) in this way. Felt free to really play. I got to cry all the time and look ugly, which is fun to me.