Reasons I'm Like This
It's better to be 14 days late the party and knock on the door like "I'm here. why are you in a nightgown? Where are the drinks?" than to never show up at all. Inspired by @ShawnKelly.
- •Because my siblings and I still wrestle physically with "gentleman's rules"
- •Because I get texts/emails every few weeks that just say "I'm proud of you" from parents ... and in the spirit of honesty, sometimes old professors
- •Because my childhood body shape was the exact same as Olive in Little Miss Sunshine
- •Because "white girl tears" have gotten me out of a lot of shit, which I now recognize as both influential to my life and obviously problematicFor example, I once cried in a doctors office and she gave me an "exhaustion" diagnosis. Like what strung out celebrities get.
- •Because in 3rd grade I moved to a new town and Mighty Ducks-ed the last place rec soccer team, then we won the championship 3 years in a row
- •Because whenever I played Rollercoaster Tycoon I always built enough bathrooms so the people would be happy
- •Because I watched Mitch Hedburg and Aziz specials on repeat until I learned how to tell stories like them
- •Because I'm an actual adult professional accountant at the current moment and I'm 100% not sure how I ended up here