#TOURLIFE : PORTLAND
Our list of favourite spots while on tour to Portland, OR and hosted by Whitebird Dance!
- •BIJOU CAFEBar, bistro and restaurant known for their classic brunch. Every Friday night features live jazz music by local artists during dinner!
- •SEE SEE MOTORCYCLES & COFFEEEngines and espresso under one roof. Motorcycle shop and coffee shop coexist in a modern edgy space. They feature a "Hot Dog Happy Hour" with locally crafted sausages. Serving Stumptown Coffee and pastries by Roman Candle Bakery. A super cool spot!
- •POWELL'S CITY OF BOOKSEst. 1971, it's no surprise that this is one of Brandon's picks!
- •NIKENot much intro needed here, several new pairs of sneakers were bought, even more were lusted for!
- •MOTHERS BISTRO & BARMom's cooking - but better (they claim)! Specializing in slow cooked stews, roasts and braised dishes from scratch. A favourite spot of Christoph's but shhhh, don't tell his mother!
- •CACAO DRINK CHOCOLATECraft chocolate from around the world... Peter's pick and your stop for a sweet treat!
- •TENDER LOVING EMPIRERecord label and marketplace for handmade goods to support independent artists and their work as well as to engage the local community of fans and friends.
- •TASTY 'N ALDERA modern steakhouse with adventurous cocktails, however more notably the best breakfast that Andrew has had in his entire life! He describes the lemon ricotta pancakes as "insane" and the steak, cheddar & eggs on cornbread pancakes as "totally out of this world". Seems safe to say it is a spot to check out!
- •TART BERRYSelf serve fro-yo ...always a good idea!
- •WHITE BIRD DANCEPaul King, Walter Jaffe and the White Bird have presented 18 years of Dance and Artistic Collaboration. 230 dance companies presented, 35 new works commissioned, and 5,000 students reached annually. We are so honoured to be presented by such wonderful people in the city of Portland!
- •WILDFANGClothes, shoes, accessories.
- •BOYS FORTEmily Chessa's pick and originally a pop up shop that now shares their space with unique plant shop Solabee Flowers and Botanicals in the fashionable West End District.
- •THE PARAMOUNT HOTEL PORTLANDOur beautiful stay in Portland was at the Paramount! Thank you for the beautiful accommodations :)