Already on li.st? Open in app.
Sometimes I try to be a better person. Other times, I try to just keep on swimming.
Since I'm keeping track of books bought in a different list, I figured I should try for a reasonable accounting of the numbers of books I've managed to make leave the house.
- •Books donated to the Patients' Library at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics: 31
- •Books donated to the Iowa City Public Library, trip 1: 11I have a giant tote bag full of books to donate, but it's too heavy to carry so the books are being taken in batches (bc last summer I had to make an appointment for a librarian to meet me and my 200+ books (and CDs and DVDs) with a cart).
- •Books donated to the Iowa City Public Library, trip 2: 10
- •Books dispersed at a book swap, 6, but I came home with 5, so net result: 1
In an effort to #readmyowndamn books, I'm going to write down the books I buy in 2016. The idea being to decrease the number of unread books in my house by not buying as many new ones. (I haven't thought through this very well, so I'll just try it and see if it works.) Note: this is paper books, not ebooks or comics; those are a separate wrinkle.
- 1.Spider-Gwen, Vol 0 by Jason LatourRead and donated to the Patients' Library.
- 2.How to Be a Victorian by Ruth Goodman
- 3.The Last Days of Video by Jeremy Hawkins
- •You're so preettttyyyy 😻Rose-gold was an excellent color addition from Apple. And Case-mate made a clear case so I can just admire the pretty. My little heart just goes pitty-pat
- •Your battery life is reliable
- •❤️ my carrier and fabulous data plan
- 2.Criminal Minds