BOOKS I READ IN OCTOBER
And short reviews. Day 2 NALIWRIMO!
- •The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee AhdiehA retelling of A Thousand and One Nights and so very amazing. The narrative is so tangible, and the characters PROGRESS, and oh, get me the next book NOW.
- •Living Mindfully by Deborah Schoeberlein DavidI love the idea of mindfulness but I hated this book. Even with the little that I know, I think a book might not be the way to "learn" mindfulness.
- •Atlas of Cursed Places by Olivier Le CarrerGood concept gone bad! The best thing about this book was it's design and layout. The rest fell flat, not least because each place was not appropriately described. More like it was assumed the reader knew allll these places.
- •Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse AndrewsRead this because I want to see the movie and oh... I didn't like it. It's not the archetypal cancer-novel so that was good; but the characters and the writing just did not entice me at all! Are many teenage boys like these kids? Because if they are that would kind of explain a lot. Still going to see the movie though. The trailer looked good.
- •Clariel by Garth NixI WAITED TEN YEARS FOR THIS BOOK!!!! And I paid way too much for it but now I don't regret it because just like the rest of the Old Kingdom books this one is amazing! Clariel is a fallible and wonderful character full of AGENCY and I want MORE.