FAVOURITE FINDS IN MEDICAL CHARTS RECENTLY
I can't help giggling sometimes. South African healthcare workers are such a diverse bunch.
- •This orthopod grew tired of having to describe buddy-strapping in words.
- •Anne of Green Gables?!?!? Is that you??
- •This intern was really freaked out by seeing tapeworms coming from stabbed and eviscerated bowel.
- •This artistic rendition.
- •It's not nice to make fun, but I did giggle a bit at this rendition of "miscarriage". To be fair, the majority of South African HCWs don't speak English as their mother tongue (myself included).
- •This one isn't funny: the result of resource constraints. (Ø is used for surgery.)
- •This intern on casualty service just needed to point out that ordering prostate-specific antigen on a female was unnecessary.
- •This orthopod was just fed-up with their patient constantly wearing his Philadelphia-collar incorrectly.