GENERAL ANXIETIES ABOUT THE NEW LIFE STAGE I AM ABOUT TO ENTER
- •One week from today, I will finish work at my current hospital. I've been allocated two days of relocation leave, so then I'll make the big move to Cape Town.
- •I'm practically done with two years of internship.I have done c-section, appendectomies, and skin grafts. I've treated stab and gunshot wounds. I've worked 30 hour shifts. I've worked 36 hour shifts. I've cried. And I've learned so, so much.
- •Starting 1 January, I'll no longer be registered as a medical intern... I'll now be a medical practitioner.
- •That feels like a huge jump. I totally do not feel ready at all for that kind of responsibility.
- •I'll be living in my own place for the first time.
- •I'll be living with a boyfriend for the first time.
- •I'm registering for a diploma in child health, which will hopefully help me to ultimately get into paediatric residency.
- •It all just seems so big.
- •And I feel so very little.