I'M MEGZ AND I SHOULD BE SLEEPING, AMA 🤓
Inspired by @boygirlparty - ask me anything.
- •Why would you prefer to be asked something rather than get some well deserved sleep?Suggested by @Alphonse
- •@Alphonse oh I wanted to sleep alright. However my circadian rhythm is all out of whack because I worked overnight on Sunday. 😴
- •What's the last book you read that made you feel something? (It doesn't matter if they were happy feelings or sad ones or whatever, just something.)Suggested by @kaydbug89
- •@kaydbug89 the book I'm currently reading! Mornings in Jenin by Susan Abulhawa.I'm actually listening to it in audio. It's a narrative epic about the Israeli-Palestine conflict and it is heartbreaking.
- •what's your craziest Semester at Sea story?
- •@boygirlparty my craziest story is also my most irresponsible. My friends and I went to an entrepreneurship even in India and met three young guys. It was all hosted by SAS so completely above boars as the idea was to get us to interact with young local innovators.Anyway afterwards they offered to show us around for the day, on their motorbikes. Nevermind the fact that we had just met; we also weren't wearing helmets. In India (at least at that point!) only the driver was mandated to wear a helmet. We had a grand time. We went to the beach and to art galleries and they showed us the most awesome places to eat. It ended well, we were all friends, and there were no romantic expectations.
- •tell us about your dog
- •@boygirlparty I have two dogs!They're both 13 this year. Roxy is a Yorkshire terrier with three legs, I listed about her adventures here: HOW OUR DOGGIE BECAME TRIPAWED The other is Jessica, a golden retriever. We adopted her when she was six years old. She a darling, by now stone deaf and very arthritic, but she still jumps around like a spring chicken.
- •@Melodie I don't know?! Is this some kind of trivia I should know 😱 sorry for y'all. South Africa has an August holiday - Women's Day, 9 August, so yay for us 😉
- •Why did you want to become a doctor?Suggested by @evak
- •@evak I didn't want to! I was all set for Law School actually, and then I was given an offer I couldn't refuse.I also read this really amazing book (28 Stories of AIDS in Africa by Stephanie Nolen) and became convinced that I would one day cure HIV. I don't think I'll do that anymore, but I did grow to love medicine and I love my work now.
- •what's something you love about South Africa and wish other people knew about?
- •@boygirlparty I love our authors! South African authors write some amazing books, either in English or translated to English. I wish more people would read them, and that they would be marketed more around the world.