I'M PRESENTING ABOUT SOCIAL MEDIA AND MEDICINE AND I NEED HELP
I'm presenting to loads of doctors who are more senior than me.
- •I really love social media.And like I realise that it's not for everyone. And that a lot of "older" people don't care much for it. But some do!
- •I want doctors to see the value of social media in their profession.
- •As a way of improving patient education
- •And general public health.
- •As a way to spread knowledge to colleagues and to share experiences#FOAMed - free open access medical education
- •And also as an avenue for mentorship.Most of my medical mentors have been online.
- •I think a lot of discussion on med and social media has been very shallow.
- •Example: "one con of SM is that it blurs the patient-physician boundary."But no discussion on whether that boundary is valid.
- •Or "don't confuse SM with real life"When really, SM IS becoming more part of real life
- •I don't want to presume to "teach" my audience anything cos I'm a baby doctor and they're all super experienced, but I just want to offer new views.
- •I also don't want to talk too widely. SM is huuuuge! I want to be focussed and relevant.Can only talk for 15min anyway.
- •So uhm.
- •If you're good at talking to people and presenting things...
- •Please advise me!!!