LIVE LISTING MY ROADTRIP TO CAPE TOWN
In about an hour, I will start driving 1000km to Cape Town for my new job. I've never driven more than 100km in a go so this will be interesting. I'll be driving behind my boyfriend so hopefully that helps.
- •Awake. Tired. Still need to pack my crap into my car.
- •It's going to be a cry fest when I say goodbye to my family. I don't know if I'll cry (I hope not) but I hate seeing them sad.
- •Filling up the tank and checking the tyre pressure, then I'm off.The goodbye was tearful. I didn't cry - hopefully they understand it's because I just don't cry much anymore, and not because I won't miss them!
- •Made it to the little town of Port Alfred. I've only driven 150km 😭
- •Moana is an excellent soundtrack for this new adventure! 😎
- •And this audiobook is helping to keep me awake too. It's a little scary.
- •Madonna keeping me going now.Fond memories of NYC.
- •I'm getting drowsy. Stopping at a rest stop. Hope they have coffee.
- •Can barely keep my eyes open. About to take a nap on the diner table.
- •Overnighting by boyfriend's dad's place. 800km mark. 400km tomorrow.(Yeah I was wrong. It's 1200km)
- •8AM. Need coffee. Quite not in the mood for driving, but let's do this.
- •And we're go. 🚙
- •Finished my audiobook! Time for some more Moana. Unless anyone has other music suggestions for the open road... @plaidflannel?
- •Arrived safely 😴This was probably my most boring list ever. But thanks for coming along for the ride. 👋🏼