MY FIRST PERIOD 🔴
In honour of having a period again. And inspired by the other FIRSTS lists.
- •I was twelve, and kind of the "expert" on all things sex and procreation among my friends.
- •It wouldn't have been cool to say I knew it all because I READ it all, so I pretended to have a lot more experience than I actually had.Reading that back makes me cringe.
- •I hadn't had my period yet, but my friends didn't need to know that.
- •I even bought sanitary pads and timed my period to be the same time as my best friend's. The ultimate friendship is one where your periods sync, right. 🙈Her period was irregular so it was hard to keep up!
- •Anyway she was staying with us for the weekend and had her period so I guess I had mine too.
- •And then at the end of the weekend I actually DID get my period.
- •I must be one of the few who didn't welcome their period with stained undies. Simply because I was already "kitted out". 😂
- •I didn't have cramps or anything.
- •And I didn't feel "special". Bummer.