THINGS 17 YEAR OLD MEGZ WOULD NOT BELIEVE ABOUT 27 YEAR OLD MEGZ
Inspired by @nantea, even though I turned 27 back in January.
- •That I'd be alive.I was so anxious, and convinced I had a deadly condition every other week. WebMD's favourite kind of person. I really believed I wouldn't make it out of high school.
- •That I'd be a doctor.🤷🏼♀️I'm still surprised. At 17 I was convinced I would become a lawyer! Going to med school was very much unplanned.
- •That I'd be attracted to women and men, but somehow not yet completely settled in my sexuality.She probably wouldn't be surprised that my family was not in the loop. 🙄
- •That I'd be unmarried, and that I would be quite happy about it.And that my little sister, younger by 5 years, would be getting married before me.
- •And that I wouldn't be bitter or jealous of her!
- •That I wouldn't be able to imagine spending my life with one man.17 year-old me believed in "the one". And while I know it's a truth for many, it just isn't for me.
- •That I'd choose to COME BACK to my hometown after successfully escaping it.
- •That I didn't get married to the first guy I had sex with.
- •That I'd be getting over my guilt associated with sex.
- •That I'd be depressed, and on treatment for it.17 year old me was depressed, but was undiagnosed; and would have refused treatment anyway.
- •That I'd be pro-choice in word and deed.
- •That I'd be a runner, and that I'd have run marathons and ultras.
- •That I would be comfortable with waxing...
- •Just as easily as I'd be comfortable going months without waxing or shaving.
- •That I'd like sushi.
- •That I'd be comfortable in my own body.
- •This was me then.
- •This is me now.