THINGS THAT MADE ME HAPPY IN AUGUST
Inspired by @lexie_elyse, who listed something for every day of August. I'm not even going to try that because August was a horrid month (see other lists) and I was not mindful of happiness at all. But I'm going to try to remember something for every day of September though. Kind of like that "100 days of happy" a few years ago?
- •1st: Downloading PrismaSeriously. Fav photo app ever. I think I converted 100 photos that day.
- •3rd: Voting in the South African local elections.It was a landmark! The results were more interesting than anyone predicted.
- •5th: Went book shopping while on holiday (my current city's bookshops suck) and bought Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.
- •6th: Went shopping with my younger sister. Got her a dress as a special treat.
- •7th: house-sat for my boyfriend's sister. Played with their cute animals.Photo of my sister because I didn't take selfies. 🤗
- •8th: hiked Lion's Head in Cape Town. Got some endorphins.
- •9th: day trip with my sister to Kalk Bay (outside Cape Town). It was so uplifting.Sisterly love ❤️
- •11th: pizza at Col Cacchios, my favourite pizza place. Laughed spontaneously and awkwardly for what felt like the first time in days.
- •12th: Body Worlds exhibition. I saw it in NYC last year but there were some different displays this time and my anatomy-nerd self (and equally nerdy sister) could not resist.
- •Also 12th: attended a formal dinner at a vineyard where my sister received an academic honours award. She is graduating Cum Laude. 🤓😎(Like I said... Prisma.)
- •22nd: received bookmail via Ninja Bookswap! "One" by Sarah Crossan. Devoured it in a single sitting.
- •26th: road trip with my aunt to visit my gran.❤️
- •27th: took my gran for breakfast, then ice cream at the beach, and had a great day.
- •Also 27th: this gorgeous protea on our breakfast table. The protea is our national flower.No filter 😎
- •29th: ordered Cards Against HumanityAlways have to wait for people who import to have sales because they don't ship to South Africa!
- •31st: Taco Night with my aunt, brother, and my boyfriend. Much fun and messiness.
- •Post-script: I'm glad I did this. It was a better month than I remembered.