WHAT I WANTED TO BE GROWING UP, CHRONOLOGICALLY
For the record, I'm a doctor now.
- •ButterflyMy visually impaired dad made up a story for me about a butterfly that paints flowers. So, she was basically my first role model.
- •Social WorkerMom's a social worker. It seemed to make sense.
- •Chartered AccountantI liked maths. It seemed like a good fit.
- •Actuarial ScientistMOM: "AccSci makes more money and there are fewer of them. Be that." ME: yes Mom.
- •LawyerI liked debating and my parents suggested that since I liked arguing so much, I might suggest taking it up as a career.
- •Doctor"I want to help people" I said. Well, I know now that doctoring is about soooo much more.
- •English TeacherEnglish teachers were some of the most influential people in my life. So one day when I grow up, I'll be an English teacher.