Already on li.st? Open in app.
- •10. The Pride of the YankeesLou Gehrig: People have to live their own lives. Nobody can live it for you. Nobody could have made a baseball player out of Uncle Otto, and nobody can make anything but a baseball player out of me.
- •9. CobbLouis Prima: With all the great players playing ball right now, how well do you think you would do against today's pitchers? Ty Cobb: Well, I figure against today's pitchers I'd only probably hit about .290 Louis Prima: .290? Well that's amazing, because you batted over .400 a... a whole bunch of times. Now tell us all, we'd all like to know, why do you think you'd only hit .290? Ty Cobb: Well, I'm 72 fucking years old you ignorant son of a bitch.
- •8. MoneyballBilly Beane: How can you not get romantic about baseball?
(Not including games)
- •AfterlightI've tried dozens of photo the photo editing apps available on iOS, and Afterlight is my favorite by far. The two most important things about this app are how easy it is to use, and it's 99¢ price tag. If you want a way to make your pictures look better without throwing the same overused filters on them every time, this app is for you. (Type Afterlight tutorial into YouTube and you will find several short videos showing the basic features and how to use them.)
- •ChromePlain and simple, Safari doesn't do it for me. Admittedly that may be my fault. I may not know how to use it to its full potential. Either way, my day to day web browser is Chrome. One of my favorite features of Chrome is how well it syncs across my computer, phone, and iPad. Being able to bookmark a page on my phone and pick it up later on my laptop is incredibly convenient. It hardly ever crashes, is fast, and free.
- •DropboxDropbox has been my go to cloud storage for years. You can use it to store almost any type of file, and then access it from any device on which you can install the app or desktop program. Dropbox by itself is great, but when you it with some of the apps we will see later in this list, it is an absolute must have.