COUNTRIES I'VE BEEN TO
In alphabetical order..
- 1.Bangladesh 🇧🇩It's sad and funny at the same time how I got my worst bout of diarrhea in my life here. Somehow, word got around at the hotel I was staying at, and for the next few days, staff members were asking if I was feeling any better. (I was.)
- 2.Canada 🇨🇦Studied here for a brief period in the 90s. Vancouver is infinitely great.
- 3.China 🇨🇳Spent six months in Shanghai to study the language and another year in Dongguan working. Forever shaped who I am.
- 4.Hong Kong 🇭🇰Been here countless times, always a trip. And let's not forget that this is the country I've met my wife.
- 5.Japan 🇯🇵The happiest non-love/romance moment of my life is when my wife and I traveled to Tokyo to see Paul McCartney live. First concert that I literally cried.
- 6.India 🇮🇳I've been to Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore. Wearing a long sleeved shirt and tie, shuttling from place to place in what was the world's hottest place that day (45°C, the newspaper said) is always a fun story to tell.
- 7.Indonesia 🇮🇩Jakarta feels just like home. I thought the taxi was ripping me off by not giving me back 500 Rupiah in change. But I did the conversion (USD 0.04) and let it go.
- 8.Macau 🇲🇴Great place to eat Portuguese food and egg tarts. I don't particularly care for their almond biscuits though.
- 9.Malaysia 🇲🇾Went to Kuala Lumpur for work, and was impressed by their progressiveness and structure. A Malaysian friend commented that it's only a facade they show foreigners, but whatever, I did like what I saw.
- 10.Philippines 🇵🇭My favorite country in the world. Disclaimer: It's also where I was born and raised. Haha.
- 11.Singapore 🇸🇬Everytime I'm in this part of the world, I feel that I could live here. Great food, fantastic sights, and awesome friends equals an amazing time.
- 12.South Africa 🇿🇦Honeymoon destination part 1. Got to see Johannesburg and Cape Town. My bag (and all my clothes) got lost somewhere, and when it was found, the whole tour group cheered. Good times.
- 13.Taiwan 🇹🇼It's been decades since I last went here and I've heard everything has changed. Can't wait to go back to see for myself.
- 14.Thailand 🇹🇭My boss made me work on a Sunday, and I spent the day holed up in my hotel room on my laptop and watched the Lakers nearly come back from a 20 point defecit against the Mavericks. I do wish I can go back for a personal trip soon with my family though.
- 15.United Arab Emirates 🇦🇪Honeymoon destination part 2. Probably stepped on some camel poop in the desert with my bare foot, but it's all good.
- 16.United States of America 🇺🇸CA, FL, HI, IL, NV, NJ, NY, PA, WA. Far way to go to complete 50 states.