LIES I'VE TOLD AT WORK
I manage a manufacturing facility with a bit of sales responsibility on the side.
- •Shoot! I thought I sent the email last week. Apparently, it was saved in my drafts folder all this time.Nope. I started composing the email five minutes before I actually sent it.
- •I didn't receive your fax.Yup, I did. I'm sorry but it got buried under this pile of documents.
- •Text me. I'm a busy man and I love to be reminded of things I need to get done by the people that need it done.Please don't call or text me ever again.
- •The price is as low as it can go.The price I gave you is outrageously high, and I just don't want to sell you more stuff by virtue of your three checks that bounced in the past.
- •I'll have my boss look at it.Your argument makes no sense, and there's no way I'll bring it to the higher ups. Which leads to...
- •The boss didn't approve.But really, I didn't approve.