COVERS WISHLIST CHAIN GAME PLAYLIST PT 1
The rules: We love covers. We are always wishing and dreaming our favourite artists will cover each other and our favourite songs. It's a self-abusive and depressing process. (http://barrierjunkies.tumblr.com/post/86599875763/covers-wishlist-chain-game-pt-1) It's all about our appreciation for a good cover, and shotty Microsoft Word 2003 photoshop.
- •The idea is one cover leads to another...Once one artist covers a song, another artist covers one of theirs...
- •HAIM covers Iggy Azalea's "Fancy"This first Covers Wishlist Chain Game Playlist (http://open.spotify.com/user/barrierjunkies/playlist/3tTqYknNsH46ImdSeidE3c) was created in Spring 2014, when Iggy Azalea was still cool.
- •CHVRCHES cover HAIM's "If I Could Change My Mind"Look, CHVRCHES regrammed and tweeted this and HAIM responded on Twitter. Slap that on our resume, eh?
- •Ellie Goulding covers CHVRCHES "Recover"This Photoshop is severely less bizarre and way more chill, we tried being classy like Ellie, and we're sorry.
- •Bastille covers Ellie Goulding's "Halcyon"See also "voices we get weirdly sexual about."
- •Lorde covers Bastille's "Haunt"We cannot stress enough how badly Lorde needs to just cover every fucking song in the world, okay? And this Microsoft Word photoshop is possibly the work I'm most proud of in my entire life.
- •Arctic Monkeys cover Lorde's "Swingin Party"Admittedly, at the time idk if we cared that Swingin Party was already a cover. Lorde was, is, and always will be, our queen. And this photoshop is the one that started it all! "Lorde Turner" became Barrier Junkies' "iconic" blog mascot!
- •Banks covers Arctic Monkeys' "One For The Road"This cover would be sick AF and way better than this awful photoshopped album art.
- •alt-J covers Banks' "Waiting Game"The prettiest accident was the way alt-J's An Awesome Wave album art didn't fully filter through as the background.
- •Miley Cyrus covers alt-J's "Breezeblocks"Miley Cyrus used "Fitzpleasure" as a transition song on her Bangerz tour, which means this isn't unplausable and also means we went to Miley Cyrus' Bangerz tour. This also means we had a cut out of Miley Cyrus on her Wrecking Ball for our 2013 Barrier Junkies Christmas Tree.
- •To Be Continued...Still crying cuz of how bad we want these covers to happen... Guys these songs are LITTTTT -- 2013 had THE BEST music, ya feel?