Already on li.st? Open in app.
I guess you gotta write them down to hold yourself accountable
- •Move outI need this for my own sanity and to maintain a healthy relationship with my parents, brothers, friends and boyfriend.
- •Go to an Atlanta Hawks gameBorn and raised in Atlanta, now living here again, but I have never been to a Hawks game. This needs to change.
- •Lower resting heart rate below 60 bpsThis is a weird way of saying I want to become more active, well and fit. Let's see if I can lower my resting heart rate.
The Mountaineers are headed to Orlando to take on the Miami Hurricanes in the Russell Athletic Bowl, so let's dig into the flavors of the Caribbean for the menu. http://www.smokingmusket.com/2016/12/27/14089282/smoking-musket-tailgate-menu-russell-athletic-bowl-featuring-cuban-fusion
- •Cuban Pork ShoulderThis traditional Cuban holiday feast uses a mojo marinade. Mix fresh orange juice, garlic, oregano and some other spices and seal the shoulder with it in a plastic bag overnight. Slow roast it the next day. http://goodiegodmother.com/cuban-pork-shoulder/
- •TostonesThese Puerto Rican fried plantains will make sweet finger foods for your tailgaters. Accompany with either a spicy or sweet dipping sauce. http://ethnicspoon.com/tostones-with-avocado-cream-sauce/
- •Mango SalsaHomemade salsa is just the best, but mango salsa? Now that's some island flavor. Serve with tortilla or pita chips. http://caribbeanpot.com/ultimate-caribbean-salsa-topping-for-tacos-hotdogs-burgers/
- •MojitosThe temperatures will be above 80 during the day, so that's reason enough to drink this refreshing beverage, right? http://www.spendwithpennies.com/classic-mojitos/
It's College Football Bowl Season, one of the best sporting traditions that has been overused and over-commercialized. However, bowl games are still fun games to attend.
- •It's one last time to watch your team playFor starters, this is the last game of the season. No more college football for another 8-9 months. It's fun to see your team play one last time.
- •You visit a new city, or get to visit one againBecause of bowl games, I've been to Nashville, Jacksonville, Charlotte and Memphis. Those places are fun to visit and offer a lot for a bowl game tripper.
- •You interact with a not oft-seen fan baseSometimes, this can end poorly. Like the 2014 Liberty Bowl when Ole Miss fans were sitting in our section (they weren't even playing in the game). Or like arrogant UVA fans. But sometimes, it's fun, like the Georgia Tech and Clemson fans I have encountered.
It's the last game of the season, which means cold weather. Let's heat it up a bit! - http://www.smokingmusket.com/2016/12/2/13825208/smoking-musket-tailgate-menu-baylor-featuring-cold-weather-favorites
- •Texas Beef ChiliTexas-style chili uses no beans and focuses on making a chili paste to thicken the stew. This will warm tailgaters up. http://www.onceuponachef.com/2015/01/texas-chili.html
- •Layered Taco DipTex-Mex foods are great fir tailgating. This dip satisfies a lot of cravings. http://www.midwestliving.com/recipe/light-and-layered-taco-dip/
- •Cannoli CheeseballChocolate chips cover a ricotta and cream cheese mound. Serve with vanilla wafers. http://www.tasteandtellblog.com/cannoli-cheeseball/
- •Hot Cocoa BarHot water, hot cocoa packets, schnapps of your choosing. I suggest peppermint.
Let's take advantage of all that food we just cooked- http://www.smokingmusket.com/2016/11/25/13749442/smoking-musket-tailgate-menu-iowa-state-featuring-corn-and-thanksgiving-leftovers
- •Pot Pie SoupLeftover turkey in a soup is great. This was a hit at my personal tailgate thanks to the Paula Deen of Tailgating.
- •Dressed Up Grilled CornA little mayonnaise plus other fixins make regular corn on the cob a little fancier.
- •Bacon Corn DipObviously craft this in the shape of a football, but the corn is the leather and the bacon is the laces.
- •Pecan PieMy personal favorite pie on Thanksgiving Day. And it's "pee-can," not pi-cahn." I know, cause I used to pick em.
Night game in Morgantown as the Sooners come to visit - http://www.smokingmusket.com/2016/11/18/13670000/smoking-musket-tailgate-menu-oklahoma-featuring-two-entrees-cause-night-game
- •Salt and Vinegar Chicken WingsWhite vinegar, apple cider vinegar, salt and a packet of ranch give these wings an addicting flavor
- •Smoked BolognaAlso known as Oklahoma Prime Rib, this takes a well-known deli meat to a different level.
- •Bacon Chips and GuacamoleBake squares of bacon in the oven, dip in guacamole.
I'm going to Morgantown, WV, this weekend for a WVU game.
- •Work on Monday Extra hours, too cause I have to make up for missing Friday.
- •Boyfriend date nightOK, so this isn't an annoyance, but it's on the calendar
- •Coaching basketball practice in TuesdayI don't want to talk about how mad I am I was forced into this.
The College Football Playoff Committee released their rankings this week. Here are mine.
- 1.AlabamaNot sure if Bama has the best D in the country or ever.
- 2.MichiganThey are dumptrucking teams. And have a coach with an insatiable appetite for winning.
- 3.WashingtonThey have a QB who is accurate and a defense who controls teams.
I finally got to go to the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party and it was not the fun I expected.
- •I really dislike UGA, despite my bff and family friends trying to sway me.Sorry, I have disliked your team my entire life and I just don't see it changing any time soon.
- •They don't serve alcohol in the stadium.This made me the most upset because WVU lost and I needed to drink that away while surrounded by fans of other teams. I should have known cause it's an SEC game but I'm still pissed.
- •I didn't get to watch WVU lose and UGA fans were super rude about it.Sorry, football does exist outside the SEC. Why watch UK-Mizzou? And don't flat-out tell me we are going to lose when I just told you that's my school.
Week 9 of the college football season is here and these are the games I've got my eye on.
- •Georgia vs. Florida, 3:30 pm, CBSThe World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party renews with a questionable UGA team looking to make the SEC East more crazy. Oh, and I'll be there.
- •Washington @ Utah, 4 pm, FOXThis is the marquee game for the Pac 12 this season. Rice-Eccles is gonna be lit.
- •Boise State @ Wyoming, 7 pm, CBSSNThe Broncos are undefeated. That's a thing we can start saying again. This is their toughest test of the season, facing the 5-1 Cowboys.