Ranking the Felix Leiters
Eight different men have played CIA man Felix Leiter in a Bond movie. But who is the best, middling and worst?
- •Jeffrey Wright (Casino Royale, Quantum Of Solace)Being the best actor to play the character no doubt helps here, but Wright seems the most well matched to the Bond he's paired with. Leiter should perhaps be slightly more experienced whilst not quite matching up to Bond, and Wright carries that off beautifully.
- •Jack Lord (Dr. No)Those sunglasses! Much like how Connery defined Bond from the word go, Lord was the best Leiter in the 60s when he was a far more regular character.
- •David Hedison (Live And Let Die, Licence To Kill)The other double Leiter, Hedison might top this list for LALD alone, but he seems far too long in the tooth sixteen years later in LTK.
- •Bernie Casey (Never Say Never Again)I only recently watched NSNA properly for the first time, and I enjoyed Casey's portrayal.
- •Cec Linder (Goldfinger)Likeable enough, but seems too old.
- •Rik Van Nutter (Thunderball)Those sunglasses part two! Little bit of a goofball as I recall, though I should really struggle through Thunderball again to check.
- •Norman Burton (Diamonds Are Forever)Similar to Cec Linder (likeable enough, perhaps too old) but doesn't add a lot to the film.
- •John Terry (The Living Daylights)Still better than the footballer of the same name, but you'd barely realise this Leiter and Bond knew each other at all.