Albums that changed my life
in no particular order, except for Mitski
- •Bury Me At Makeout Creek - MitskiI've never related to an album more. Her lyrics about love hit me at the core and her sound echoes through my skin. I love her. New album in June!!
- •Her OST - Arcade Fire & Various ArtistsInstrumental music that makes you cry like no other, whether you've seen the movie or not (which you should).
- •Lemonade - BeyonceI may not be able to personally relate to the overall topic, but her anger, depth of her love, and self love is something extremely relatable. Lotta bangers too.
- •Beach Music - Alex GI loved DSU and Trick, but it wasn't until Beach Music that I really started to appreciate his sound. My favorite album to listen to when I'm contented.
- •Demon Days - GorillazI can still sing almost everyone song memorized.
- •Contra - Vampire WeekendGiving Up the Gun lyrics are tattooed on my body if that gives any explanation to it's importance to me.
- •Still Water - Told SlantBroken Hearted? In a bitter love? Trans and experience dysphoria frequently? I've never heard anyone sing about the trans experience like Felix does and it changed my life.
- •Oh No - OK GoOK Go will always be a band I enjoy, and it all started in middle school with Oh No and the treadmill video.
- •Visiter - The DodosWas shown them by my future significant other in high school. Was one of the first albums where I started to care about what I listened to. Very nostalgic.