BRYANT'S FAREWELL FOOD TOUR OF NYC
Before I moved from NYC to Denver in August 2015, I revisited all of my favorite restaurants in the city, which are listed here.
- •Streetbird RotisserieMarcus Samuelson's chicken house on 116th Street go now go now go now
- •Roberta'sTwice I've eaten here on my birthday. The coolest and the best. If it's nice out sit on a picnic table in the back.
- •LupaClassic, delicious Italian and impeccable service.
- •Red RoosterFor years I ate here the night before my birthday and also every couple of months. Once the health inspector showed up while I was sitting at the bar for lunch and that caused a delay in the kitchen so the hostess passed out free bubbly and it felt like a party.
- •Root & BoneOrder the fried chicken and the meatloaf and the deviled egg's which are pink and also order everything else.
- •Mission ChineseThe coolest and the best. The kind of spicy you feel on your insides.
- •Charlie BirdThey do everything well here.
- •Gotham West MarketIvan Ramen, the Cannibal, the tapas place, Genuine Roadside if you're there for breakfast, plus excellent coffee and beer to go
- •BlenheimFor brunch or dinner or afternoon drinks on comfy chairs in a beautiful, elegant space in the West Village.
- •Blue SmokeOne of my first favorite restaurants in NYC and still the best BBQ - don't let the trend pieces fool you.
- •the original Westville#classic
- •DanjiNot quite as amazing as the first eight times I ate there but still good, good food.
- •Jerusalem on 105th & BroadwayI probably ordered the falafel hummus sandwich like 150 times.