What I'd Think Oscar Nominated Movies Were About if I Hadn't Seen Them
- •La La LandTwo patients in an insane asylum get into kooky shenanigans in an imaginary kingdom ruled by Bill Murray. Obviously directed by Wes Anderson.
- •Manchester by the SeaYoung British aristocrat in the 1800s falls in love with a local peasant while on holiday, to the chagrin of her mother, Cate Blanchett. She chooses money over love.
- •LionDocumentary on poaching endangered species for sport. Narrated by James Earl Jones because Mufasa.
- •ArrivalKind of like Love Actually, except the whole thing takes place in a hospital. Includes monologue about how hospitals are airports for souls, full of people coming and going.
- •Hidden FiguresCIA agents during the Cold War secretly save the world from nuclear war.
- •Hacksaw RidgeSerial killer in the mountains of Colorado. Weapon of choice is a rusted saw. Bet you never SAW that coming 😂
- •Hell or High WaterTerribly tacky pirate movie that shouldn't have ever been nominated in the first place.
- •FencesThe actual plot of Hell or High Water
- •MoonlightManhattan-esque Woody Allen movie. Fantastic soundtrack.