TOP 10 TV SHOWS OF 2015
I watched 57 TV shows in 2015. Here's my favorites!
- 10.Mr. Robot (USA)I had 10 other shows that could've filled this spot, but I'll go with Mr. Robot and Rami Malek's performance which was maybe the year's best.
- 9.Better Call Saul (AMC)Much better than I expected. It was actually probably better than Breaking Bad out of the gate.
- 8.Transparent (Amazon)Became an ensemble show in its second season, and only Rectify can claim to be more affecting. It's an uncomfortable watch, but the best art in the world usually is.
- 7.Show Me A Hero (HBO)HBO miniseries from David Simon that somehow made a controversial housing development a compelling story, largely thanks to Oscar Isaac's performance.
- 6.Mad Men (AMC)Its final half season ended with a string of episodes as strong as anything in its entire run.
- 5.Rectify (Sundance)Third season returned to a 6 episode format which served the show well. Still the most human and spiritual show on tv.
- 4.The Leftovers (HBO)Just a huge creative leap from its first season, which I didn't love. Many of my favorite moments of all 2015 TV came from this show.
- 3.The Americans (FX)Every season is better than the last.
- 2.Fargo (FX)Stylistically and technically, nothing can match it in 2015. And how it could not only meet, but exceed expectations after the brilliant first season is mind boggling.
- 1.The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst (HBO)The controversies about its timeline and journalistic ethics only serve to make it even more fascinating to me. Obviously hard to compare to other shows, but when it comes down to it, this documentary miniseries was the best thing I saw on TV in 2015.