Things You See at a High School Debate Tournament
Debate tournaments are weird. Kids spend ridiculous amounts of time arguing both sides of an argument depending on their position for the specific round and they don't really have a position, they just want to win.
- •Kids practicing speeches to a wall.
- •Kids practicing speeches while walking aimlessly around a school.
- •A high school commons area that looks like a refugee camp.
- •Weird kids.
- •Annoyed coaches.
- •Really bad, nerdy jokes.
- •Copious amounts of junk food.
- •Really bad speeches.
- •Really good speeches.
- •Excessive amounts of awards.
- •Really tired people.
- •Kids who are pissed because their last judge didn't disclose.
- •Policy debaters who sound like they are dying and crying...at the same time.