In defense of the Rom-Com...
- •Don't you just hate it when someone asks you your favorite movie and you say a romantic comedy/chick flick and immediately feel the judgment radiating off them?
- •If I was trying to be a Cool Girl™ I would probably lie and say my favorite movie is some foreign film that was almost nominated for an Oscar two years ago that only really cool people have heard of.
- •Now I'm not saying I would name a Rom-Com if you asked me what the most important pieces of cinema ever made were...
- •But Rom-Coms make me happy. They make me smile. And I don't mind watching some of them over and over and over again.
- •And that's what makes a movie a favorite I think.
- •And that doesn't make me a shallow/superficial person.
- •And that doesn't make me dumb.
- •And that doesn't mean I don't have a variety of movies I love, including serious movies and sad movies and movies dealing with "real issues".
- •That being said...
- •Some of my very favorite movies include "Legally Blonde" and "Clueless" and "Bridget Jones' Diary" and "Bring It On" and "Uptown Girls" and "P&P"
- •And I'm not ashamed 😊
- •((Haters can suck it))