MOVIES I’LL ALWAYS WATCH IF THEY’RE ON TV
This is for that random basic cable perusing you do when you're just searching for something to watch, and stumble upon a movie you just can't turn away from. Excludes subscription based channels/instant viewing (HBO, showtime, etc.).
- •The Big LebowskiTop three favorite film. Also, swapping "fuck a stranger in the ass" for "find a stranger in the alps" is one of the greatest TV edits ever.
- •Blazing SaddlesAnother top favorite all time. And because, how can they even show this on TV!? If they truly edited everything that wasn't basic cable appropriate it would be about 8 minutes long.
- •Saving SilvermanFor nostalgia purposes. When I was young and would get off the bus from school before the rest of my family, I would sneak and watch R-rated movies that happened to be on. This was one of the first I saw.
- •Old SchoolSame reason as Saving Silverman.
- •Shawshank RedemptionIt used to be on all the time, and it's actually a solid film.
- •My Cousin VinnyI used to watch a lot of movies I wasn't supposed to after school. This list is mostly about nostalgia for me.
- •SuperbadA classic. Plus it's a staple of Comedy Central's late night movie arsenal.
- •A Shot in the DarkPeter Sellers was a genius.
- •Any Sean Connery 007 movieI love James Bond.
- •Mrs. DoubtfireAlso used to be shown very frequently on TV. I love and miss Robin Williams.