MY TOP 10 PERSONAL FAVORITE GUEST VERSES, RANKED
- •Snoop Dogg on Dr. Dre's "Nuthin But a G Thang" https://youtu.be/0twahcMCgssI mean, who doesn't love this one? We all know it: "1, 2, 3 and to the 4, Snoop Doggy Dogg and Dr. Dre is at the door…"
- •Eminem on Dr. Dre's "Forgot About Dre" https://youtu.be/QFcv5Ma8u8kEminem is a mad man. "So from here on out its the Chronic 2, starting today and tomorrow's the new. And I'm still loco enough to choke you to death with a Charleston Chew."
- •KYLE on Donnie Trumpet & the Social Experiment's "Wanna Be Cool" https://youtu.be/KMPTDBbsPncThe song is all about lovin yourself and not caring about being cool. "If a cool guy shits his shit is still gonna stink. If a cool guy is cool in the middle of the forest man nobody fuckin cares."
- •Black Thought on John Legend & The Roots' "Hard Times" https://youtu.be/YbuTOMteo54This whole album kicks ass, really. "And I'm hoping to feel like something is real. But it's no hope when you are but a spoke in the wheel, a brick in the wall, tryna find an opening still. Having hard times, tryna climb over the hill."
- •Chance the Rapper on Macklemore's "Need to Know" https://youtu.be/Jv0pHiwu-rkChance is the best at guest verses. "I cry when she smile with her eyes closed. I'm already afraid of tight clothes, want all her friends to be white folks."
- •Kendrick Lamar on Eminem's "Love Game" https://youtu.be/OBh8XS00x_wLove the sample on this one. "Bitch, you serious? I'm in the mirror with this look on my face, curious. Why you ain't fucking with me? You cut me as deep as a Caesarean."
- •Childish Gambino on Chance the Rapper's "Favorite Song" https://youtu.be/8mtA9GvpzwUGreat, catchy little tune. "You blast this shit in Abercrombie when your work is finished. Your mom won't play it in the car cause it's got cursin in it."
- •Chance the Rapper on Kanye West's "Ultra Light Beam" https://youtu.be/EhIcIcQvHU8Not at all religious, but you can't help feel some kinda way listening to this song. And Chance absolutely kills his verse, as per usual. "Foot on the devil's neck till it drifted Pangea. I'm moving all my family from Chatham to Zambia. Treat the demons just like Pam, I mean I fuck with your friends but damn, Gina."
- •Kendrick Lamar on Mayer Hawthorne's "Crime" https://youtu.be/HrKp8Zx6V_sSuch a great song to bump at a pre game party. Defiance at its best. "This is candid camera, there's no pauses allowed. They don't understand us cause we won't turn it down. Middle fingers in the air, this is truth or double dare, 300 drunk motherfuckers in the holding cell."
- •Chance the Rapper on Action Bronson's "Baby Blue" https://youtu.be/bVP_w1rQweEThis is the gold standard. Genuine heartache with a twist of humorous indignation. "I hope the zipper on your jacket get stuck, and your headphones short, and your charger don't work, and you spill shit on your shirt. I hope your tears don't hurt and I can smile in your face."