THE TOP TEN MOVIES OF ALL TIME, ACCORDING TO ME 🎥
Inspired by @ListPrompts. Huge film nerd, so this was difficult. My list of personal favorite movies ever would look a little different than this. But when you're talking best pieces of filmmaking ever made, I think these are damn near perfect.
- 10.The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920)Considered to be the original horror film. The first ever movie to use the "plot-twist" ending.
- 9.Some Like It Hot (1955)Groundbreaking, absurd comedy for its time.
- 8.Annie Hall (1977)The gold standard in romantic comedy.
- 7.Monty Python & the Holy Grail (1975)Satire and parody at their best.
- 6.Vertigo (1958)Hitchcock's finest.
- 5.Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939)They don't make political dramas like this anymore.
- 4.Dr. Strangelove (1964)A pure dark comedy. One of the first and best of its kind.
- 3.Citizen Kane (1941)A masterpiece.
- 2.The Graduate (1967)The pinnacle of coming-of-age stories.
- 1.Casablanca (1942)The greatest romance/drama ever made and an absolute classic.