Tracks on Chance's COLORING BOOK, Ranked
Is it hyperbole to say this is a masterpiece? I think I've listened to this at least 20 times since it came out two weeks ago. I love every track. Just my personal ranking of the songs after thoroughly digesting them.
- •How GreatProbably one of Chance's most explicitly religious songs. As an atheist, I don't exactly connect with the overall message of his more religious songs, but there's no denying the beauty/power of the music. And I'm always on board for a full-on gospel choir. 👌👌
- •MixtapeShowin love for the medium that he has mastered.
- •All We GotA bumpin opening track. Sets the tone.
- •Blessings (Reprise)I love reprises as closing tracks. "Are you ready big fella?"
- •D.R.A.M. Sings SpecialReally pretty little interlude.
- •Juke JamOh so smooth.
- •All NightThis one is a BANGER. When the horns come in on the second chorus, UHH.
- •Finish Line / DrownStraight-up gospel. So exuberant. The saxophone fuckin wails on this one.
- •Smoke BreakThe quick chord changes on this one are really cool.
- •Summer FriendsEvery composition on Coloring Book is so well crafted. The string and vocal arrangements really make this track.
- •BlessingsJamila Woods' vocals are so tight. This song is classic Chance.
- •Angels"I GOT MY CITY DOIN FRONT FLIPS."
- •No Problem🔥🔥🔥🔥
- •Same DrugsHonestly, this is a really beautiful song. The musical arrangement, the production, the lyrics, Chance's vocals. Everything about it is so well executed. Just a perfect track.