Just Some Weird Things About My Sleep
Preface: I'm obsessed with sleep. I have little things that I'm not sure are normal. Chime in if any sound familiar to you or are Totally Bizarre And Should Be Looked At By A Professional.
- •I frequently choose to go to sleep at 5-7 pm because I get up at 5 am and I like at least 10 hours of sleep.Sadly recently I've been getting 6-7 which makes me less than amiable.
- •Once I have laid down and the lights are off, I typically get up to pee AT LEAST 3 times. Minimum.My brain, if it detects even the slightest trace of urine in my bladder, REFUSES to shut down.
- •I clench my teeth which I only realized like a month agoSO. MUCH. JAW. TENSION.
- •On a related note: I can only seem to fall asleep on my stomach with one arm under my pillow facing left. It doesn't matter what the orientation of my bed is, I must face left.But laying on my stomach causes me to clench my jaw so I have been trying to sleep on my back for a much more relaxed face. Minimal success.
- •CanNOT sleep with socks on.
- •Must have a fan going. Even if I have AC. Even it is cold. It's not just the sound; it is also just the movement of air I think.Also probably has to do with growing up in Southeast Asia and always having fans.
- •My mind often OFTEN does this weird warp speed/slow motion thing. It alternates between an incredibly fast yelling of my thoughts and then a super slowed down response. It is actually really bizarre.It used to happen to me during math tests in school. But now it happens usually before I go to sleep. I do not like it.
- •Have to sleep with something over me. Have to.Sheet, blanket, comforter, SOMETHING
- •I change positions A LOT in my sleep. I toss and turn.It doesn't usually fully wake me up but if I had someone else in my bed it would be an issue. In high school I used to wake up with my head at the foot of my bed...bizarre.
- •I'm a sleepwalker but have had no major incidents post-gradBut in college I once wandered our dorm at 3 am with zero memory of it.
- •When I fly in my dreams, it is like swimming in the air and requires a ton of effort - treading water to stay up, etc. almost like a weird video game where you have to keep tapping to go up.Flying dreams, as a result, are very very stressful and exhausting for me
- •I have to put Vaseline on my lips before I go to sleep or I can't fall asleep??? Dry lips are apparently too uncomfortable??
- •I have TEN pillows on my bed10 pillows for 1 person. It is absurd.
- •If my hair is touching my neck I am not gonna be able to fall asleepHuge issue. I can't wear it in a ponytail though because that is too restricting
- •I cannot wear any jewelry and fall asleepExcept for my nose ring