La La Land Round ✌🏼
Some spoilers. Don't read if you don't want the spoilers.
- •It was just as magical ✨
- •The tap dance scene is cemented as my favorite scene
- •The opening number made me cry because of how joyful it is
- •What did we do to deserve the gift that is Ryan Gosling?The way he created this character - so much of what happens is unsaid and I really love that. I feel like there are layers to him that we get to see rather than just hear. He made some really beautiful choices.
- •Emma Stone has been the person I've wanted to play me in the movie about my life since I saw Easy A.The girl has grown a ton. I feel like this performance shows that. I love that her voice is shaky and imperfect, I love the way she cries on screen because it's how I imagine I cry, I love her goofy faces. I LOVE her.
- •The colors.They're so rich and bright. Every single costume was meant to pop on screen and they did. Just gorgeous.
- •I cried multiple times.Because I'm a cry baby.
- •S I G H
- •Also, at the end? Of course her husband wants to go into the jazz club!!!!!! BC HER HUSBAND IS GUY PATTERSON/SPARTACUSHow did I not realize that the first time I watched it?!? Oh right, I was too busy being traumatized by the fact that Seb and Mia weren't together. Got it.
- •I wanted to belt out all the songs but I only whisper-sang them because I'm a good personSort of