Places I Have Lived
- •Bangkok, Thailand 🇹🇭I was six months old, but I think it still counts. We were living there while waiting on a visa to Pakistan. I got viral pneumonia while we were there and they had to do a spinal tap on a 6 month old. My mom still is traumatized by this. We only lived there a couple months.
- •Karachi, Pakistan 🇵🇰We lived in two houses here, but I remember only one of them very well. I lived here until I was 7.5. I have a lot of very distinct and vivid memories. I didn't know how abnormal my life was there until much, much later. You mean you didn't fall asleep to the sound of AK-47 gunfire too? You didn't have to evacuate the country for 6 weeks when India threatened to start a nuclear war?Your dad didn't have six different routes he alternated between for driving you to school? Huh. Weird.
- •Dallas, Texas, USA 🇺🇸Six months when I was in preschool. Ironically, Texas is the first place I saw snow.
- •Marin County, California, USA 🇺🇸A year in one of the most beautiful places I have ever lived. We lived pretty much right across the bridge from San Francisco. I owned a cool windbreaker. We had a killer yard. Our house was tiiiiiiny.
- •Richmond, Virginia, USA 🇺🇸Three years in the brick house on the end of a culdesac. So many friends. I could walk to school. We had an awesome house and yard and constantly played outside with the neighbors. This made me feel like I had that TV show kid lifestyle? Idk. For three years. 3-5 grade.
- •Bandung, Indonesia 🇮🇩Five years. Heart home. We lived in two houses here. This is where I fell in love and got my heartbroken and had sleepovers every Friday night and painted my walls blue and sang at talent shows and was kind of in a band and fell in love with Southeast Asia for life and stayed at tea plantations and camped out on a volcano and etc etc
- •Birmingham, Alabama, USA 🇺🇸For six months in 10th grade and then all four years of university - Samford U. I love Birmingham and all the people there and the FOOD and even the crazy drivers. I go back for a visit on Wednesday and I cannot WAIT.
- •Singapore 🇸🇬Two years in high schools and now!! Currently I've lived here for three years post-grad as a teacher. It's probably the easiest place I've ever lived? Amazing public transport and super clean and super safe. I love my job and my flat mates and even though it's freakin hot all the time, I wouldn't trade it. Which is crazy because when I moved there the summer before my junior year of high school I hated EVERYTHING ABOUT IT.