Emails I Subscribe To (And Why You Should Too)
I'm a pretty religious unsubscriber. Two LOFT emails in one week? Unsubscribe from all emails. The local BBQ place getting chatty? Remove from all lists. I like to keep my inbox clutter- and stress-free. That's what makes these emails so special. I subscribed to them on purpose, and I stay subscribed to them. I can think of no higher praise.
- •TheSkimmThis is the best way to get your news if you are a young hip millennial like me. Meaning I'm not that hip and I hate being called a millennial, but I do have to be at work at 7 every day, and this is a quick, easy, engaging way to keep up with what's going on in the world. Subscribe here: https://www.theskimm.com/?r=ebe9e619
- •The Poetry Foundation Poem of the Day EmailPoetry keeps you human. I signed up for this and I make myself read it every day unless it's absolutely too long and boring. This routine brings a pause and a piece of beauty into my every day. Which helps me to keep from turning into a stressed out lunatic. Subscribe here: https://www.poetryfoundation.org/newsletter
- •Plough Daily DigThe daily dig is just a quote from a Christian thinker in my inbox every morning. This one comes at about 12:30, so it's always there in my inbox when I wake up at 5. It's a great positive way to start my day before I even get out of bed. Subscribe here: http://www.plough.com/en/subscriptions/daily-dig#subscribe
- •Five Thirty-Eight Significant DigitsI only recently signed up for this one, but I have quickly become loyal to it. Walt Hickey chooses 5 or 6 significant digits from headlines of the day, and gives us a short blurb about their importance. It's a fun way to stay in tune with the world. And fascinating! Subscribe here: http://fivethirtyeight.com/newsletter/
- •What do you subscribe to?