STUDENT RESPONSES TO "GET WORKING"
As a teacher I am paid to regularly force adolescents to do work which they do not want to do. These are their stories.
- •CAINT YOU SEE ME WORKINGNo, no I cannot. If that was what I saw I wouldn't have said anything.
- •Who you talking to?You, child.
- •Okay M'Kennedy, say no moThis is my favorite.
- •"I hope these teachers die. I wish she would get hit by a car."This one was a little extreme.
- •Why you always trying to get me in trouble?Because it brings me truly deep joy to have preteens yell at me.
- •I'm not feeling it today, M'KennedyOh, well in that case...