THINGS I DO BECAUSE I'M SO TIRED
And this is not just "I've had a few rough nights" tired. This is "I have not slept 8 consecutive hours in 9 months and often only sleep in 2 hour increments" tired #parenthood
- •Leave my house keys on the roof of the car without realizingAnd only realize when I hear something clanky hit the ground. I've done this twice.
- •Put my phone down in a bowl of oatmealSpeaker down...it sounds very strange now when I play videos
- •Stand in my kitchen staring into space for several momentsBecause I can't remember why I walked in there.
- •Spill water in my bag where my phone isI don't deserve an iPhone or anything of value for that matter. I'm out to destroy.
- •Forget how to do simple tasksMy brain says "lower the steering wheel" my arms hesitate and turn on the blinker...then the wind shield wipers..damnit!!!!
- •Misplace everythingKeys, phone, water bottle, Chapstick, Chargers...the list goes on and on. It's infuriating.
- •Fumble my wordsWords that used to flow suddenly have fallen out of my vocabulary completely. I honesty don't even have example. But I am a fraction of the intelligent/professional person I once was. I pray this comes back with time, sleep and integration back into the working world.
- •Zone outI sometimes just stare into space. And it takes several moments to get my vision back in focus
- •Drop everythingI'm starting to think its neurological
- •I function at a higher level than I shouldI workout, I clean, I manage finances, I care for a baby full time, I remember birthdays, keep in touch with family and friends, enjoy my life, eat healthy and cook often. I knit. I sell my knitting. I schedule appointments. I stay present in my marriage. I Somehow make it work on the least amount of sleep I've ever had in my life.