WHY I'M ON MY PHONE
It's not always just a Millennial thing
- •Sharing experiences!If I'm out and about and having a great time with my friends I want everyone to know it. It's not just "a Millennial thing," it's a human thing; we want to share ourselves, our experiences, with the world so that we can gain a little perspective. Plus, I have really amazing friends. Who wouldn't want to brag about them?
- •Dealing with nervous energyNo matter how outgoing someone (read: me) might be, there's still some anxiety being around people. Why not deal with that in a healthy way?
- •Documenting experiencesFun things are happening and sometimes it's cool to look back on them in tough times. Don't hate.
- •Keeping my hands busyFun fact: not everyone you meet is neurotypical. Some people deal with problems and disorders that don't manifest themselves visibly. For instance, I have pretty severe obsessive-compulsive issues that manifest through a variety of grooming activities. When I've got my handy dandy cellphone, however, I'm much less likely to give in to these tendencies. Neat!
- •Staying busy during lullsHey, nobody can keep up a conversation forever. Every hangout has its more chill points. Nothing wrong with being ready for those times.
- •Finding new conversation materialAgain, there are occasional lulls! Being the guy who saves the conversation is excellent and fun, you should try it sometime.
- •DJingAbout 50-60% of the time I will be playing music. If I'm with people and hanging out there will be music in the background. Just accept it and jam out with me.