MY HUSBAND'S BDAY PARTY FAIL AT HIS MOTHER'S HOUSE
My MIL decided to combine a 10 year old's birthday, and my husband's (51st) birthday with a cookout today
- •Everyone who was there began eating at 530They told US to come at 6
- •When we arrived, there were burnt shoe- leather steaksAnd a pile of charred hamburger meat
- •It was all cold
- •There were baked potatoesBut no other condiments for them...not even butter
- •There was cooked corn on the cobThat hadn't been "cleaned" or shucked. And again, no butter
- •That was it.
- •A cat jumped onto my plate, there was a bug in my food, and it was hot inside the house.
- •The birthday cake, for a combined birthday, was white cake with raspberry filling.Neither of the birthday people likes raspberry
- •The candles on the cake made a "10."No acknowledgement of my husband's age
- •The girl got presents worth over $200Plus the birthday party yesterday that cost over $200
- •My husband's gift: A card and a Reese's peanut butter egg. Easter themed.Wait...he just showed me that it isn't even REESE'S
- •My husband has never felt so ignored by his mother for his birthday.
- •I am so angry at her!