THE SOUNDTRACK OF MY LIFE 🎶 PART 1 (I'M OLD)
Inspired by @kate81
- •"Feeling Groovy," -Simon and GarfunkelI remember my kindergarten teacher playing her guitar and singing this to us in 1972. I loved to laugh at all the kids who pronounced it "groobee" because I thought they were so dumb. My teacher was a true hippie back then.
- •"Surfin' Safari"- Beach BoysAll of my 3rd grade class started loooving The Beach Boys for some reason. They weren't new, bit pretty soon we were begging our teachers to listen to their records. Yes. Vinyl.
- •"Da Do Ron Ron/Hey Deenie" - Shaun CassidyHe RULED 4th and 5th grades. He was my first dream man, and I was pretty sure I was going to marry him. The fact that I was 10/11 had nothing to do with love.
- •"Grease" SoundtrackMy friends and I knew every song. We even made up a dance to "You're The One That I Want" for the talent show. Lordy.
- •"Lookin' For Love" (In All the Wrong Places)- Urban Cowboy SoundtrackMy first fore into country music. I had recently moved to Texas, and my parents were big fans. This was short lived.
- •"Heart of Glass" - BlondieI got my own stereo in my room, and started listening to Top 40. It became my favorite genre of music, even today
- •"Jessie's Girl"- Rick SpringfieldThis song made me a Rick Springfield fan for life. He was my 80's crush. He kinda still is.