Misconceptions I Had As A Child
This is mainly about misconceptions I had pre 9/11. I wouldn't say that 9/11 changed my life THE DAY it happened though. I was six years old at the time and didn't fully understand the impact it had until I was older.
- •I thought the Queen of England was also Queen of America.I also thought she was in one of the twin towers when they crashed. I have no idea where I came up with that.
- •I thought sex was when you kissed someone "all over".
- •I knew that babies came from sex but I thought it was punishment (or maybe an award) for all of those kisses.
- •I thought catching on fire would be a huge problem.And I was so ready to stop, drop, and roll.
- •I thought my Prince Charming was going to come to my house in a carriage and whisk me away to my happily ever after.Darn you, Cinderella!
- •When I was a kid and going to Disney Land for the first time, I thought the airplane was picking us up at our home.
- •I thought I was going to be married by 16 and pregnant by 20.
- •I wanted to be a stripper.When I was a kid I wanted to be a "professional dancer". I thought stripper was the correct title for said profession... I walked around telling people I wanted to be a stripper and NO ONE said anything!!!