CULINARY SURPRISES OF ISRAEL
- •There are ice cream bar vending machines on every train platform in this country.
- •Excellent fresh squeezed orange juice is ready available.
- •People actually eat Israeli cuisine all the time - falafel and hummus are not just for tourists.
- •Salads at restaurants are almost always locally grown so veggies are fresh and delish every time. Israel is small so locally grown is a feasible thing here.
- •Though lots of Israeli restaurants are kosher, a "kosher style deli" is hard to find. Where is the corned beef and matzo ball soup?!
- •That said, if you're looking for bacon, just head to Tel Aviv. You will not be disappointed.
- •Sometimes the best places to eat are the most unassuming holes in the wall.
- •I don't think I can remember the last time I had a "poor" or even "mediocre" food experience in this country. People know what they're doing.