Becky's Activity Desirability Scale
Today, a friend asked me if I wanted to go ice skating with him and a third friend. I told him, "I'll go if you want me to" and said that ice-skating in an indoor rink is a Level 3 activity for me. I present to you my scale:
- 1.I want do it so badly that I will do it alone.
- 2.I want to do it, but not alone, so I'll try to recruit one or more individuals to do it with me.
- 3.I am indifferent to the activity. That is, if an individual(s) recruits me to do it, I will do it. If nobody recruits me to do it, I will not do it.
- 4.I don't want to do it, but if enough individuals try to recruit me, or enough convincing is done by one individual, I will do it.This is also known as the Peer Pressure Level.
- 5.I don't want to do it, and no amount of recruiting by individuals will make me want to do it.If I'm doing a level 5 activity, it probably means somebody forced me against my will, and thus, that somebody has potentially committed a crime. This is the key difference from level 4. It is a very rare thing to actually do a level 5 activity.