Trader Joe's Recipes That Make Me Appear More Domestic Than I Am
Because who has time for multiple grocery stores? Delicious meals, from all Trader Joe's recipes. An ongoing collab, that I'll try to organize by meal type (read: don't JUST read bottom up). Please add your faves!
- •BREAKFAST / SNACK: Easy Greek yogurt fruit smoothies for people who hate protein powder and love Jamba JuiceBlend a half cup of Fage 0% Greek yogurt OR TJs brand Honey Greek yogurt with frozen veggies of choice - my fave is 3 strawberries, 4-5 mango pieces, 4-5 pineapple pieces. Add a splash or two of water and blend to desired consistency.
- •MAIN: Lower carb Spanish masala burgers (V)Heat a frozen masala burger patty on a skillet with oil, two minutes per side. Top with Fage Greek yogurt, and a few healthy dashes of Tapatio. Eat solo, or with a handful of mixed greens flash heated (20 seconds max!) in the "burger" pan, dressed with olive oil, lemon juice, and salt.
- •MAIN: Double Black Bean SoupHeat a box of Spicy Black Bean Soup with an additional can of unsalted black beans added in to heat in the soup. Serve with a garnish of Fage Greek yogurt (a dollop), chopped cilantro, and shredded cheese.
- •MAIN: No-Grill Best Cheeseburgers Ever EverGet TJs frozen aisle New England grass fed beef patties - they're 80%/20% fat which makes ALL the difference, and uncooked. Heat a cast iron pan to high heat, and oven to 400 degrees. Sear for 1.5 minutes per side in the pan over med-high heat, then put it in the oven for 5 (medium rare) or 6 minutes (medium) for a beautifully cooked through burger. Dress at your will on whole wheat honey wheat buns (TJs brand).
- •DESSERT: Raspberry Mango Melba CrumpetsHeat frozen mango chunks and a jar of raspberry preserves over low heat in a saucepan. Toast a pack of crumpets (bread aisle!), and spoon the hot mango berry mixture over them. Top with vanilla ice cream, serve hot. Yields: 8.
- •CONDIMENT: Greek dill dipTake 2 cups of Fage Greek 0% yogurt. Mix in a 1 cup chopped fresh dill, 1/4 cup lemon juice, a dash of pepper, and a healthy dash of salt. Stir till almost liquidy and enjoy with whole wheat multigrain Pita Bite crackers. Eat as a dip, or in wraps and sandwiches in place of mayo or hummus. Or on the veggie masala burgers!