Ways I got teased because I was skinny
Yes, it's a real thing. People still think I'm an asshole for saying I was bullied for being skinny. It's a common misconception that people are so damn lucky to be stick thin. No one else is ever happy with our appearance, just like we're never happy with our own. These are in order from when I was young to older.
- •Things didn't fit.By the time all of my friends were into tight jeans and shirts that showed off their developing breasts, I had nothing. The skating rink was the cool place to go on Fridays and Saturdays and people would pull my pants down because they were so loose. I wore 2 pairs of pants together one time to get a pair to fit... I'm not sure it was as sly as I thought.
- •Mosquito bites.Again, at the skating rink. A cute boy asked me to be his girlfriend and I said no because I was so shy and confused! He looked like nick fucking carter! I thought about it all week and the next Friday I said okay... I'll be you're girlfriend. He laughed with all of his friends and said it was a joke. He'd never want a girl with tiny mosquito bites. (I was 12) the boobs thing went on well into my early 20s.
- •So, are you like anorexic?I had been (mis)diagnosed bipolar in 10th grade. I was homeschooled for half of the year and this is the first question I was asked when I returned my 11th grade year. I hadn't even thought of any rumors that could've floated around until a few months ago and I'm 25 now. But yes I heard this a lot and no, I wasn't. I played soccer my entire life. But I honestly ate disgustingly. I still looked like jack skellington. Believe me, guys didn't want me anymore than a girl considered "over weight"
- •"Why, so you can go throw up your dinner?"A response from my boss at Applebee's when I was 17. I was at the hostess stand and I needed to go to the restroom. When I asked him to watch the stand he asked me that question. (Honestly, I was going to text a friend) but still, not throw up.
- •"Maybe if you didn't run to the bathroom every five minutes to yack, you'd have some meat on your bones"What that same boss said to me when I asked him to turn down the air conditioning because it was getting colder outside. Still not secretively "yacking"
- •Bonus: "Wow, you got fat."When I was 17 I moved out, had 2 jobs, and not a lot of time to cook. I went to McDonald's ALOT. By no means was I overweight, but I had gained some lb's. (I looked healthy for the first time in my life) I saw a kid from high school out drunk one night and this is what he said to me, very genuinely.
- •There is no way to win with other people when it comes to your own looks. I definitely found that as long as I'm happy with myself and appreciate the body I'll be in for... The rest of my life... I'll be a lot happier.
- •DISCLAIMER: Please don't take this the wrong way. This is just getting some stuff off my chest. I know that many people have been bullied for different body issues, as I have been for more than just these. I'm NOT trying to take away from that. I'm just trying to say, FUCK those people that judge. ✌️